The Internal Empowerment Coaching program is:
- Approved by the William Glasser Institute US
- A certificate diploma program offered by Loyola Marymount University (LMU) Extension
- Scripture Therapy is approved as a “Provider” by the California Board of State and Community Corrections-Standards and Training
“Finally, the world is blessed with the publication of a wonderful new book combining Scripture Therapy and Glasser’s concepts of Choice Theory and Reality Therapy. The authors, Lester and RoxAnne Triché, have blended their skills to produce a powerful book that has the potential of helping people from all kinds of backgrounds and systems of belief.
I saw, firsthand, how the authors work with people to help empower them to literally change their lives for the better. I saw the warmth and humor they use in their teaching of these ideas. The Trichés are a dynamic duo, and their book is a must-read for anyone who wants to enhance their Spirituality and improve their happiness quotient on day one. Scripture Therapy helps people see their real purpose in live and how they can contribute to mankind now and for generations to come.
The Trichés are Glasser-trained experts at teaching Choice Theory, which explains human behavior, and Reality Therapy, which provides a method for solving some of life’s most pressing problems. Combined with Scripture Therapy, relationships will improve and a whole new world of people at peace with each other can become a reality.”
William Glasser, Inc. President and wife of Dr. William Glasser, 2017
“I would highly recommend Les Triché and his constituents as more than highly qualified individuals for facilitating a Choice Theory training with any interested educational leaders in the K–12 and post-secondary school systems locally, regionally, and nationally."
Gerry Catanzarite, Ed.D.
Principal, Big Picture Middle and high School, 2015
Awards and Recognition
In October 2016, the National Registry of Evidence-Based Programs and Practices (NREPP) approved Choice Theory-Internal Empowerment Coaching as part of the evidence-supported certification for Reality Therapy. This certification was published in NREPP’s Journal, December 2016.
In January 2014, Loyola Marymount University published a study of 175 women who participated in some portion of the Choice Theory Connections program from November 2007 through November 2012, which showed a 2.9% recidivism rate compared to the 57% average recidivism rate of other women who have not been through the course.
In July 2013, Dr. William Glasser, MD acknowledged the Choice Theory Connections Program in his book entitled Take Charge of Your Life: How to Get What You Need with Choice Theory Psychology, page 225, which states:
- July – The Choice Theory®- Internal Empowerment Coaching program was offered for incarcerated women in California
- August – The Choice Theory - Internal Empowerment Coaching program was offered to faculty members at El Prado Adult School & College Programs, Corona, CA
- August - Les was certified by the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, as a Master Facilitator in “Gender Responsive Strategies” at the University of California, Fresno
- August – Began Reality Therapy/Choice Theory Certification training in Los Angeles, CA, at Loyola Marymount University’s campus
- September - Les began conducting psychoeducational surveys, assessments, and focus group activities to assess the effectiveness of the Choice Theory -Internal Empowerment Coaching program
- September – Les developed and taught the first Choice Theory Connections – Internal Empowerment
- Coaching program, with and without a Scripture perspective, for female incarcerated persons in California
- May - Les conducted various Choice Theory-Internal Empowerment Coaching and Scripture Therapy workshops for Faith Missions International, San Dimas, CA, and Johannesburg, South Africa’s headquarters/ministries
- February - Les was endorsed as Reality Therapy/Choice Theory Certified by the William Glasser Institute
- June – Les began offering Choice Theory Connections – “SEEAL” (Spiritual, Education, Economic, Administrative, Legal) Program for incarcerated women in California, along with incarcerated person and external ministers
- December - Les was endorsed as a Basic Practicum Supervisor by the William Glasser Institute
- May – Les was endorsed as an Advanced Practicum Supervisor by the William Glasser Institute
- July - Les was awarded the Community Service Award by the Association of Black Psychologists (ABPsi) for his exemplary contributions to the field of psychology, through implementation and results of the Choice Theory® Connections-Internal Empowerment Coaching program. The award was given at the 43rd Annual ABPsi International Convention, and the 7th ABPsi International Congress on Licensure, Certification, and Proficiency in Black Psychology, Washington D.C.
- September - Les presented “Choice Theory, Does It Really Work?” at the International Recovery Summit held at Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, CA
- January - RoxAnne began the Internal Empowerment Coaching Certificate program through Loyola Marymount University
- February - RoxAnne began studying Scripture Therapy, EUCC, Chino Hills, CA
- March - Les conducted “Basic Intensive Training,” at the Banquet House Christian Center, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- March - RoxAnne completed “Basic Intensive Training” with the William Glasser Institute
- April – Loyola Marymount University Extension approved the Choice Theory - Internal Empowerment Coaching program for 42 university extension credits as a Certificate Program in Internal Empowerment
- June – Les certified as a Basic Intensive Instructor by the William Glasser Institute
- June - Les conducted “Choice Theory® - Basic Intensive Training” for High School students in Orange County, CA
- July - Les presented, “The Efficacy of Choice Theory® Connections - Internal Empowerment Coaching Program”, at the Association of Black Psychologists’ Conference, Washington, D.C.
- November - Les finalized psychoeducational surveys, assessments, and focus group activities to assess the effectiveness of the Choice Theory Connections – Internal Empowerment Coaching Program
- March - Les conducted Scripture Therapy – Forensic Personal Empowerment,” at The Banquet House Christian Center, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- May - Les obtained a Senate resolution from the California Legislature signed by Senator Loni Hancock and Senator Carol Liu on behalf of the California Senators congratulating Dr. Glasser for his exemplary work in choice theory through the CTC and other programs at a state prison and other places
- July – Les conducted Scripture Therapy and Choice Theory training to ministries, Menefee, CA
- August - Les conducted Scripture Therapy and Choice Theory training to ministries, San Dimas, CA
- Jan – Loyola Marymount University published the study of 175 women who participated in some portion of the Choice Theory -Internal Empowerment program from November 2007 through November 2012, which showed a 2.9% recidivism rate compared to the average recidivism rate of 57%
- March - IECAST’s first website was launched
- March - RoxAnne received an Internal Empowerment Coach certificate diploma from Loyola Marymount University.
- July – Internal Empowerment Coaching Overview was provided to a middle manager from Abbott Medical Optics, at the IECAST office training site
- July - RoxAnne was certified as the first IECAST Scripture Therapy Minister, EUCC, Chino, CA
- August - Les presented The Success of Choice Theory Connections-Internal Empowerment Coaching in Prisons to the legislated California Rehabilitation Oversight Board (C-ROB), Sacramento, CA
- December - Les offered, for the first time in the USA, Choice Theory-Internal Empowerment training in a “Security Housing Unit” for incarcerated women in California
- December - Les offered, for the first time in the USA, Choice Theory-Internal Empowerment training in a Mental Health Unit for incarcerated women in California
- January – Les and RoxAnne began offering Internal Empowerment and Scripture Therapy, IECAST programs to gang members and non-gang members, as an “after-care program,” in South Central Los Angeles, CA
- February - Les and RoxAnne began offering Scripture Therapy for incarcerated women in California
- March – Les offered the Internal Empowerment Coaching program at Big Picture Middle and High School, Fresno, CA
- June - Les and RoxAnne incorporated IECAST as a 501(c)(3), Non-profit Corporation, Sacramento, CA
- July - Les conducted “Reality Therapy®/Choice Theory Basic Week Training,” at the William Glasser Institute, International Conference, Las Vegas, NV
- July – Les received endorsement by The William Glasser Institute as Senior Faculty, which is the highest faculty rank in the institute
- August – Les and RoxAnne began offering the Choice Theory-Internal Empowerment Coaching program to incarcerated males in California
- October - The California Board of State and Community Corrections’ Standards approved IECAST, Inc. as a “Provider” to teach the IEC program to correctional staff and offenders
- December – IECAST introduced the Scripture Therapy program to Dr. Frank Anekwe’s Ministries, London; at Rancho Cucamonga, CA’s ministry
- March – Les and RoxAnne conducted training for a lead-persons from Wal-Mart at the IECAST office training site, Lake Forest, CA
- June – Les and RoxAnne began providing weekly Scripture Therapy courses in Orange County, CA
- June – Les and RoxAnne began providing weekly courses in Scripture Therapy for incarcerated women in California
- June - Les presented, the “Effectiveness of IECAST Program” at Los Angeles Mayor Garcetti’s “Conference on Access to Education for Formerly Incarcerated” at the University of Southern California, Los Angeles
- July - Les and RoxAnne began the introduction process of its TRICHÉ-FACT (Train Responsible Internal Empowerment Coaches to Help Énhance - Families, Agencies and Corporations’ Transition to effective coaching and leadership); an aftercare program that bridges communication and connectivity gaps between incarcerated persons, their families, employer, communities, and others
- August - Les Triché and RoxAnne Triché were certified as Teacher, Speaker, and Coach, after a one- year study at the John Maxwell’s Team On-Line University, Orlando FL
- August – Les and RoxAnne conducted the first Choice Theory - Internal Empowerment Coaching graduation ceremony in the USA for male incarcerated persons in California
- October – Les and RoxAnne began offering “Internal Empowerment Leadership and Coaching” (LAC) for female incarcerated persons in California
- November - Les & RoxAnne presented “The Effectiveness of IECAST’s Program” to the Criminal Justice Department, Fresno State University
- November - Les & RoxAnne presented “The Role of IECAST in Correctional Institutions” to an Introduction to Correctional Science class, Fresno State University, Fresno, CA
- October - The National Registry of Evidence-Based Programs and Practices (NREPP) approved Choice Theory-Internal Empowerment Coaching as part of the evidence-supported certification for Reality Therapy. This certification was published in NREPP’s Journal, December 2016
- October 2016, Les presented, “IECAST and Choice Theory® Program in Prisons,” at the Office of Correctional Education’s Principal Leadership Training, Sacramento, CA.
- November 2016, Les endorsed a book entitled Thoughtful Answers to Timeless Questions by Carleen Glasser, MA, CTRTC
- December 2016, Les presented “Choice Theory-Internal Empowerment Coaching Program” at the Mental Health/Education Collaboration Meeting, “Psychoeducation and Suicide Prevention Curricula Development, for incarcerated women in California
- January – Les and RoxAnne became members of FCCI (Fellowship of Companies for Christ International), Mission Viejo, CA
- February – RoxAnne completed the Advanced Intensive Training from the William Glasser Institute. RoxAnne personally trained by Carleen Glasser on a monthly basis. (practicums are with Carleen)
- February – Les and Carleen presented Advanced Intensive Training
- February - Les and RoxAnne, developed the first Scripture Therapy and Choice Theory Focus group, Azusa Pacific University, Azusa, CA
- April - Began first cohort to train Internal Empowerment Coaches in Orange County, CA – for Retail, Mental Health, Child Development, Non-Profit, Health and Fitness, Education
- July - Positive Effect of William Glasser’s Legacy and Mapping Rehabilitation with Jean Still from Australia (mentored her) (separate presentations), Charlotte, North Carolina
- October – Carleen Glasser and Les conduct Choice Theory/Reality Therapy certification, Los Angeles, CA.
- November – Les and RoxAnne’s manuscript “Scripture Therapy and Choice Therapy” is accepted by Christian Faith Publishing Inc., Meadville, PA
- February – Les and RoxAnne, invited to assist in the rebranding of William Glasser Institute-US, Oklahoma City, OK
- April – Les and RoxAnne conducted Scripture Therapy for BIO’s (businesses, individuals, organizations) for CEO’s, Mission Viejo, CA
- May - Les and RoxAnne published their first book together “Scripture Therapy and Choice Theory”, North Tustin, CA
- June – Les and RoxAnne signed a second contract with Christian Faith Publishing Inc. for their second book, “Self-Counseling for BIO’s” (Businesses, Individuals and Organizations), Meadville, PA
- August – Les and RoxAnne air their first 30-minute weekly International, Internet TV and Radio show, Aliso Viejo, CA
- September – Les is named Director of “Community and Behavioral Health” for The Glasser Institute for Choice Theory, Chicago, IL
- October – Les and RoxAnne developed the core product (Take Charge of Your Life) curriculum for on-line courses and products for the Glasser Institute of Choice Theory, Chicago, IL